With nearly 70% of seafood consumed in restaurants, these places of business are at the front line for how most people experience seafood. G.U.L.F.’s Restaurant Partnership Program aims to create a community of restaurants devoted to the use of local, sustainable Gulf seafood.
G.U.L.F. has extensive support and marketing resources to help restaurants offer the most sustainable seafood options. From guidance on purchasing decisions, to educating your staff, Audubon Nature Institute’s G.U.L.F. program helps restaurants become more sustainable while promoting involvement along the way.
G.U.L.F. Provides Resources to Support Restaurants’ Sustainable Seafood Efforts Via:
1. Business support: The G.U.L.F. staff is a team of experts in the field of fisheries, with experience on both the science and business sides of sustainable seafood. We will be available to answer questions and assist you in making sustainable purchasing decisions for your restaurant.
2. Staff training: Front-of-house staff are the most important component of sustainable seafood education. G.U.L.F. will provide quarterly or as-needed training tailored to the needs of each restaurant and their staff.
G.U.L.F. Helps Promote Participating Restaurants via:
1. Listing on the G.U.L.F. website
2. Listing on the Gulf Seafood Guide App, with a live link showing restaurant location
3. Promotion via social media and E-newsletters
4. Promotion of event collaborations as appropriate
Audubon G.U.L.F. is proud to partner with 10 highly renowned chefs who have played an integral role in the development of our Restaurant Partnership Program. This program is designed to promote the use of Gulf seafood in restaurants and educate other local chefs, restaurant staff and patrons about seafood sustainability in the region. Restaurants can call G.U.L.F. with questions on the status of fisheries. In turn, chefs and waiters can pass that knowledge to their customers. To create a program tailored for the unique nature of the foodservice industry, we formed the ten-member G.U.L.F. Chef Council. It is the role of the Council, chaired by Chef Tenney Flynn of GW Fins, to act as a voice for promoting local, sustainable seafood. G.U.L.F. regularly consults with the Council to ensure that our technical information is being translated in the most effective way for restaurants to communicate to their guests.